Generating mobility opportunities in the Pyrenees
Project period: November 2019 – June 2022
Target group: (1) Youngsters from Spain and France, mostly from the regions which are at the border with the Pyrenees.
(2) Companies, associations, local authorities and training centers from both countries.
Coordinator: Pistes Solidaires (France)
Partners of the project: Pistes Solidaires (France), Asociación Mundus (Spain), CRIJ Occitanie (France), Parcours le Monde Sud-Ouest (France), Fundación EDE (Spain), Servei Públic d’Ocupació de Catalunya (Spain).
Website: see the website
Although in Europe the mobility of youngsters is done throughout all the countries, there is little or no information about cross-border mobility. The aim of this project is to show youngsters from both sides of the Pyrenees (Spain and France) all the opportunities they can do in their neighboring country. At the same time, this project also focuses on changing the perspective in companies from the other side of the border, encouraging them to recruit youngsters from the other side of the Pyrenees.
The objectives of the project are:
– To create a single point of access where both youngsters and companies can look for offers, recruit youngsters or post a job offer.
– To promote links between companies, actors from education and young people in training from both sides of the border.
– To promote cross-border training in a course, as well as in a recruitment.
– To create a service which facilitates mobility between the cross-border countries and a service which is a multi-actor network (associations, companies, local authorities, training and education centers).
Three digital tools will be created after the implementation of the project.
1) A platform where companies can post their offers and where youngsters can match and apply to this position (internship, job, volunteering or studies). At the same time, the youngsters will have access to specific information, orientation and support for mobility throughout the cross-border territory.
2) A portfolio platform for the valorization of skills acquired by young people. This tool will help youngsters do a follow-up of their experience so as to include the acquired skills into their CV as well as to keep it in mind when applying to different job offers.
3) An e-learning platform for youth workers and professionals who will support and orientate youngsters throughout their mobility. The aim is to reinforce their skills in these domains.