Project period:September 2018 – October 2020 (extended to March 2021)
Target group: Women in NEET conditions between the ages of 15 and 29.
Coordinator: Point Europa (UK)
Partners of the project: Pistes Solidaires (France), Inthecity Project Development (Netherlands), Fundatia Centrul Educational Spektrum (Romania), Avangard Personal Consulting (Bulgaria), Fondo Formacion Euskadi SLL (Spain), Social Youth Development K.A.N.E. (Greece).
Website: see the website
Social entrepreneurship plays an important role in the empowerment of women. It is a useful tool for vulnerable women or in difficulties to find a job. “Girls Lead” is a European project intended to develop a culture of initiative among young women, to build their leadership skills and help them realize their first enterprising ideas.
– To raise awareness of needs of changing young women’s attitudes towards leadership and entrepreneurial thinking and learning.
– To provide innovative and flexible ways for young women to get involved in entrepreneurial and social learning, by the creation of a curriculum with different modules which will allow them to gain skills by following a previously prepared kit.
– To contribute to cultivate and enhance youth social thinking and confidence, leadership capacity.
After the implementation of the project, through 4 steps, young women will be able to develop a culture of initiative focused on entrepreneurship ideas. These steps are:
– First step: to inspire the girls through digital impact stories and short videos.
– Second step: to train them in leadership skills through the different modules, kits and Girls Lead internet page.
– Third step: to help them network through the different videos of the Girls Lead internet page.
– Forth step: to let them get involved and act.